A folding mattress is a handy accessory for sleeping. They are made for easy transportation, and they take less space if you store them properly, unlike the standard mattresses. A folding mattress is suitable for travelling and camping and offers comfortable accommodation for the guest rooms. They are less costly as compared to most other mattresses. We have put together this guide that will help you explore the characteristics and designs of folding mattress.
What is a folding mattress used for?
The folding mattress is perfect for a few situations. Some of them are as follows:
- Camping – If you are sleeping in a tent or out, the folding mattress offers additional padding, making camping a lot more comfortable. This afterpay mattress is portable enough, and it will fit in a lot of backpacks and the backseat of your car for car campers.
- Travel – These mattresses are suitable for travellers if they do not like sleeping on hotel beds.
- Guest room – Few of your guests may prefer using the standard mattresses, but the folding mattress is cheaper for accommodating overnight sleepers in the guest rooms or other parts of the house.
- Sleepovers of kids – Folding mattresses are great for kids belonging to all age groups, and they can also be used as play mats for younger kids. Few models come with washable covers, and they are ideal for kid’s bedding.
Common characteristics and designs of Folding Mattresses
A folding mattress refers to a portable mattress that is foldable and space-saving. Most of the folding mattresses have two, three, or at times, four-folds. Apart from this, the folding mattress has the following characteristics:
Composition of material
These mattresses are made of foam. So they are lighter as well as easy to store. The small number of folding mattresses has individual layers of viscolatex and the hybrid material made from latex and memory foam. A few people invest in air mattresses for camping as an alternative to folding mattresses. They are also lightweight and easy to store and transport. Hybrids and innerspring are nonexistent as the folding mattress models.
There are two types of foams, which are used in the folding mattresses typically, and a few models have both:
- Polyfoam – The short form of polyurethane foam is the material that is found commonly in standard mattresses. It has a low price point, but it is not durable or comfortable.
- Memory foam is also known as the viscoelastic polyurethane foam, which is designed to soften when contacted with body heat and then return to the original shape after it cools down. Memory foam can conform closely as compared to polyfoam, and it offers pressure-point and pain relief. This mattress is more expensive as compared to other models of all-polyfoam, but a few have polyfoam base layers.
Polyfoam and memory foam have a characteristic in common that is body heat retention. These materials absorb the body heat, which causes the mattress to be hotter than the other materials of the mattress. It can be uncomfortable for individuals who sleep warm naturally.
A lot of folding mattresses have a protective cover that will safeguard them against moisture. This cover is removable as well as machine washable usually, and it has a zipper for easy off and on. However, few models have their covers sewn that will not be removed. The material of the cover is essential for individuals who want to use the afterpay mattress for outdoor activities such as camping. Antimicrobial and waterproof covers will protect against allergens and dust mites, and they are ideal for being used outdoors.
Moreover, some covers have non-slip padding at the bottom that will prevent the afterpay mattress from slipping. A lot of these mattresses have covers made of polyester. New models have covers that are made of rayon from bamboo.
The height or the thickness of the folding mattress is shorter than the height of the conventional afterpay mattress. Some people think that this afterpay mattress is thicker and more comfortable as compared to the thinner model. Portability can be another consideration as thinner mattresses are easy to store and transport, and they are light. The thickness may vary for the mattresses, but most measure between eight to three inches in thickness.
The length and width of the folding mattress must be taken under consideration if you plan on transporting and storing it. The folding mattresses follow the same criteria for sizing as the standard mattresses, but some models may be available in select sizes like Twin, Queen, and Full. Additionally, few folding mattresses are available in smaller sizes.
As the profile is relatively low, most of the folding mattresses are Firm or Medium Firm. It might be an issue for sleepers who like softer bedding surfaces. You can use a mattress topper, an individual cushioning layer that lies on the sleep surface. Mattress Toppers are made to make your mattress smoother, and you can find them at the Mattress Store. They can also make the mattresses firmer if it is very soft. Toppers will measure less than three inches, and they are easy to transport and store.
It is always a great idea to have a few folding mattress at home. They will not be a problem to store and transport, which makes them an ideal choice for carrying along on your outdoor adventures as well as keeping them from being sued by the kids. If you are buying your folding mattress, they are available at different Mattress Store. You can get this afterpay mattress from any Mattress Store that offers an afterpay mattress option for folding mattress.
Looking for a folding mattress? Your search is over as Mattress Discount is the best Mattress Store that offers a variety of mattresses. You can get your folding mattress as an afterpay mattress from us. This will allow you to make a purchase now and pay later for it.